In this post of “Jessica’s Social Media ‘Likes'” – Rand Fishkin on Social, Google+ Resources, Bit.ly Link Research, and Snoop Dogg. Get ready to “like!”
- Rank Fishkin shares his KPIs for Social Media and gives examples of great tools to track them.
- Social Media sites he specifically talks about include:
- Reddit, StumbleUpon, Quora, Yelp, Flickr, and YouTube
- Blogs + Forums
- If you’re struggling with tracking the effectiveness of your Social Media campaigns, check out this post.
- This great post from Social Media Examiner compiles blog posts from across the internet – giving you everything you could ever want to know about Google+.
- The font shortcuts covered in this post were something I found very helpful and I know a lot of people aren’t using.
- *Word* = Word
- _Word_ = Word
- -Word- =
- Bit.ly recently looked at their links to determine their half-life. The results were interesting.
- Twitter – 2.8 hours
- Facebook – 3.2 hours
- Direct traffic (Emails, IMs, etc.) – 3.4 hours
- YouTube – 7.4 hours
- Bit.ly’s conclusion, “the lifespan of your link is connected more to what content it points to than on where you post it: on the social web it’s all about what you share, not where you share it!”
Social Media Examiner has some great tips for how to get more comments on your blog. For more information, make sure to visit their article.
- Check your blog comments settings.
- Ask for comments.
- Write a blog comment policy.
- Provide comment instructions.
- Respond to comments.
- Make people feel good about their comments.
- Build community with your replies.
Snoop Dogg for CEO of Yahoo 2011
- That’s right, if you haven’t heard yet, Snoop Dogg officially put his name in the hat for CEO of Yahoo by Tweet.
- @SnoopDogg Im takn over as tha CEO of Yahoo. Need sum of tha Snoop Dogg content ya digg. Nuff Said.
- He has also suggested several new names for company, such as, Yahsnoop, Y A H Double OO, Yahoez, and Yah-dig – just to name a few.
- @SnoopDogg My name is alread raisn tha stock price of Yahoo uhearme!! Bout to call a board meeting! http://on-msn.com/qqhRGO
- Good luck, Snoop, in your vie for CEO dominancy.
Do you “like” something that I missed? Add it to the comments below. Check out more of my likes / +1’s on my Google+ Profile