In this post of “Jessica’s Social Media ‘Likes’” – a Simpler LinkedIn, Facebook UI updates, and THE OLYMPICS. Get ready to “like!”
LinkedIn announced on their blog back on the 16th that they are creating a “simpler” homepage for user accounts. The changes have been rolled out since then. The big updates include:
- A newer, simpler, and more modern design
- More relevant updates on top
- A richer, cleaner update streams
Do you have the new homepage? What do you think?
Facebook UI Updates Galore
- Facebook Groups now allow you to see which group members have viewed each post.
- Events can now be viewed as a list or on a calendar.
- Facebook pages can now add locations to their posts.
Olympics London 2012
If you haven’t noticed yet, several of us at Amplify are REALLY excited about the Olympics. Ashley wrote a fabulous Social Guide to the London 2012 Olympic Games post, I’m DVRing like it’s my real job, and Ryan is Googling random things we’re talking about – like the Australian Women’s Beach Volleyball team’s uniforms…
Not too surprising, many social networks are also featuring the Olympics in some way shape or form. Below are a few of my favorites:
- Twitter’s #Olympics Page
- Pinterest’s Natalie Coughlin Feature
- Facebook’s Olympics’ Page
- Postano’s Socialympics
Do you “like” something that I missed? Add it to the comments below. Check out more of my likes / +1′s on my Google+ Profile.