In this post of “Jessica’s Social Media ‘Likes’” – Twitter Digest Email, Chuck Norris, and Google+ Hangouts On Air. Get ready to “like!”
As of May 14, Twitter will be sending out a weekly email digest of the most relevant tweets and stories shared by people you’re connected to on Twitter. As always, you can manage your preferences for this new email, as well as other aspects of your Twitter account in the Notification Settings of your account.
A great post from our very own Ashley Kennedy on the five social media tools Ian Lurie relies on most. Below is a list of these must have tools, but for more information regarding each, make sure you check out Ashley’s post.
- Google Reader
- If This Then That (IFTTT)
Google recently announced that Google+ Hangouts On Air are available for everyone. This is a quick and easy way to interact with people by video and broadcast the video to the masses. Here are a few ways that you can use this feature:
- Broadcast your video on Google+ and YouTube
- Live-stream your hangout on any website
- Incorporate Google+ Apps
- Chat on the sidebar
- Screen share
- Edit your hangout when finished with the hangout
Check out the article for the steps to start your first Google+ Hangout On Air.
And just for kicks…check out the original post to tweet your favorite! As for my favorite reasons:
- Shares in Chuck Norris are measured in badassery, not dollars. And he has muscles in his toe nails that are bigger than your biceps.
- Chuck doesn’t invest in anything except roundhouse kick lessons, which he teaches himself.
- If you unfriend Chuck Norris on Facebook he’ll just bitch slap you, take your money and invest in himself rather than Facebook.
Do you “like” something that I missed? Add it to the comments below. Check out more of my likes / +1′s on my Google+ Profile.