Yep – I said rad. Let’s bring it back people! Writing content is hard for some of us. I’ll admit – I really don’t like writing that much. But we all know you’ve got to create great content for SEO and social media… Guess what – that doesn’t ALWAYS mean you have to write or produce a video. So – I have recently been using and checking out a few different sites and tools as I’ve been looking to create or help create content for some clients. Came across a few cool things that I wanted to share. Some of these are new, some not so new. All of them are
cool friggin RAD and can be used for SEO, social media, link building, etc.
Let’s get started…
We recently worked with a client on an Olympics-themed promotion, and since I had the Olympics on the mind – I used infogr.am to create this “Olympic Medal Count” infographic. It’s not the greatest infographic in the world and I didn’t give it much thought – but know this:
- I spent a total of 20 minutes on putting it together
- I have ZERO design skills/capabilities. ZERO.
- All I did was track down some publicly available information and summed it up
- It is 100% relevant to the topic of my client’s micro-site
- I saw many tables showing the Olympic medal count – but not any graphics like this. So now I have something unique AND shareable/likeable related to their promotion
Top 10 Corporate & Company Blogs
Disclaimer – I did the initial SEO consulting for Ranker.com – doesn’t mean it isn’t awesome.
- Creating a display for events by simply having it track hashtags for the event
- Bringing the social media conversation to your Website – and advertising (getting links to) your OWN url instead of sending people to facebook.
Example: Content idea: Why not go ahead and make a Postano out of the Twitter accounts you used in your Storify story or Ranker list? Here’s an example – remember those “Top 10 Corporate & Company Blogs” from our Ranker list above? This Postano is an aggregation of the RSS feeds from those top 10 blogs. Something like this could easily be turned into an effective piece of egobait. There are much more exciting examples of how brands use Postano on their site.
Vizify – Interactive Personal Infographics
There isn’t a way to embed these (at least – not that I know of), but I got an invite to Vizify and here’s an infographic of ME! Might be cool to add this to my bio page on Amplify Interactive and link to the page on Vizify so people could get to know me in a different way. (thanks to Bryce Hanson for the Vizify invite)
You gotta click on the pic to see it in action.
See also – Vizify does TweetSheets too. Here’s @AmplifySEM‘s
Click on it to see it and make your own
There you go – now you can go do something cool. Why don’t you share what you’ve made and link to it from the comments below?