You have set up great PPC campaigns and written great ads. But what happens after the click? CRO or conversion rate optimization can be a powerful tool to increase results in your campaigns and has more marketers have focused on this area in the last couple years.
This month’s roundup focuses on conversion rate optimization and other tips to help you win at PPC.
Amplified Gold Posts
- Tools are a great way to become more efficient in how you work. PPC tools come in a variety of flavors and features depending on your preferences. Here is good post on 3 free PPC tools. I particularly liked the Ad Split Testing Tool.
- Here is a great write up on a recent book from a former Googler, “I’m Feeling Lucky: The Confessions of Google Employee Number 59“. If you don’t read the book, read this article and give some interesting context to all the time you spend with Google products.
- Bryan Eisenberg summarizes 5 strategies to use in marketing. Focus on marketing your unique proposition value and excel.
Amplified Platinum Posts
- Quality score is Google’s black box. PPC Hero recently created an excellent Adwords Quality Score Guide. I’ve read/seen multiple posts on quality score but this is a good comprehensive guide on quality scores.
- One of the things I love about online marketing is all the data available to make smart decisions. But without the proper environment or leadership all the data doesn’t matter. Learn ways to build a data driven culture.
Amplified Diamond Posts
- Here is one of the best post’s I’ve read about setting up and implementing well thought out tests for your online campaigns. Take some tips from this post and set yourself up for successful tests.
- Excellent tips from Alex Cohen on how to succeed in search marketing and build a successful career in search.
Did you read something that needs to be promoted to Amplified Gold status? Let me know in the comments.
Or are you looking for a second pair of eyes to perform a PPC audit? Contact us.
Ryan’s Music Playlist
I listen to music most of the day at work. Below is a collection of three songs that I particularly enjoyed this month. This playlist is kicked off with an eclectic folk song from Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zero’s that is guaranteed to make you smile, followed by a great song with a creepy video from Florence + The Machine and finished with a good one from Kid Cudi.