This case study demonstrates the effectiveness of retargeting to test different offer types. We showcase an A/B remarketing test that drives significant gains in campaign performance.
Tripwire’s IT security software reduces risk, ensures systems and data security, and automates regulatory compliance. Tripwire offerings solve the security configuration management, continuous monitoring, and incident detection problems facing organizations of all sizes, as stand-alone solutions or in concert with other IT security controls.
Tripwire’s paid search (PPC) & retargeting campaigns were meeting targets, but they really wanted to generate more leads in their security vertical, generate more awareness of their security offerings amongst those already familiar with their brand, and accelerate existing leads along the sales funnel by introducing their security capabilities.
- Retargeting was identified as a good starting point.
- Keywords in the “security” vertical are expensive and “shelf space” on the search results page is very competitive
- Test a new offer type – an eBook – vs existing white papers
- White papers are very common offers in the industry, and “feel” very undifferentiated. The eBook was a fresh take
Results of the Retargeting A/B test
- Conversions: The eBook generated 325% more leads than the white paper
- Conversion Rate: The eBook performed at a rate 300% higher than the competing white paper
- Cost per Conversion: The eBook’s cost per conversion was nearly 76% lower than the paper
The eBook offer is now being tested across other channels.