Were you too busy this last month to uncover the PPC gems of the interwebz? Don’t fret, I picked through my reader and ranked 11 posts from the last month.
This is the first post of my monthly PPC roundup. In an effort to stick to the roots of our brand (Amplify) I ranked the posts like music record awards. Diamond posts being the best, and then Platinum, and Gold.
Certified Gold PPC Posts
- Aaron Wall the SEO master shares a great post on keyword grouping tools. It’s written for SEO but PPC needs keyword love too.
- How many times have you been asked “What do you do for a living?” and regardless of how you answer you usually get blank stares. There’s a fun discussion over on Sphinn about different ways you can answer this question. Most people assume I do IT.
- Adwords is constantly rolling out new features and options. On the Adwords blog they have a quick list of relatively new 5 no brainer PPC ad innovations. Here at Amplify we’ve seen great results from all 5.
Certified Platinum PPC Posts
- Is your cost per acquisition too high? Read this quick list of 5 ways to lower your CPA.
- Building a strong foundation to any PPC campaign can be critical to its success. PPC Hero gives a great breakdown of developing PPC strategy.
- I once was at a job interview where the current PPC managers did not like using Excel. I don’t know how PPC managers function without Excel. If you are like me on a never ending quest for Excel tips here are 5 Excel tips for PPC.
- I always say people on the web have ADD and you need to write copy that way. Here are 5 best practices to keep in mind when you’re writing for the web.
Certified Diamond PPC Posts
- A great list of 14 things to add clarity and clear expectations to any PPC project from Blueglass.
- We’re big fans of Adwords Remarketing at Amplify. The Adwords Blog shares great results from other advertisers using remarketing. If you’re not using Remarketing already, I suggest you do.
- A great post on using bounce rates to optimize PPC. I especially love the answer to “What is a good bounce rate?” I’ve been asked this question in the past and struggled to find definitive answers.
- Ongoing testing should be baked into every PPC project. Josh Dreller shares some great info on areas to focus and optimize PPC.
Did I miss any PPC posts from the last month that you felt are deserving? Post them in the comments.