It’s the holiday season, which means you could either be really busy if you manage B2C campaigns or really slow if you manage B2B campaigns. At Amplify most of our clients are B2B so I’ve been taking advantage of doing audits on client’s accounts and doing tasks I don’t do regularly. It’s a great time to get a lot of stuff done in preparation for 2013. I only found 5 posts this month which were worthy of my December playlist. Check out the 5 best from the last month:
Amplified Gold Posts
- 3 Ways To Calculate PPC ROI: It’s unfortunately all too common for businesses using paid search not to calculate their ROI. With paid search being one of the most measurable advertising channels available you need to take advantage. Read different ways Melissa shares ways you can crunch some numbers to determine the value you are getting from PPC.
- Enhancing text ads on the Google Display Network: In another move from Google to squeeze more eggs out of the CPC golden goose they have added an arrow to texts ads on the display network. Click the link to read more about it. If you don’t have any campaigns on Google’s Display Network here’s a step by step process to get you started.
Amplified Platinum Posts
- Kill It In Content Creation By Knowing Your Customer Conversion Funnel: I’m a big fan of using personas and the conversion funnel for paid search strategy. This post does not specifically mention PPC but it offers some great tips that can be applied to paid search in developing keywords, ads, or landing pages.
- Forrester Report: The Best PPC Bid Management Providers: If you’re looking for a tool to help you automate parts of managing campaigns Forrester compiled a report on some of the top tools available. We personally use Acquisio and have been very satisfied. I was surprised to see Kenshoo at the top of this list. See what else was included in the report from Forrester.
Amplified Diamond Posts
- Why Use AdWords? Here Are 10 Reasons: This could also be titled, “10 Reasons Why I Love PPC”. If you’re ever trying to convince a business to use Adwords this post has 10 VERY good reasons. This is a great post to save and reference in the future.
My personal playlist…
In an effort to add a festive note to my playlist check out this funny Christmas SNL skit with Michael Buble…