What first world problems do you find in PPC campaigns? We recently audited a campaign with over 7,000 negative keywords! A good portion of the 7,000 were set to broad match and multiple relevant keywords were negative matched. PPC is a game that constantly shifts and evolves. Your strategy and tactics usually follow an evolution as well. This constant shift can be difficult to manage. Find ways to keep your PPC first world problems to a minimum with the 8 best posts from the last month.
Amplified Gold Posts
- Use One Huge Table in Excel: If you’ve read any past playlists you know I love Excel tips. This post shares some reasons why you need to use one large table of data instead of break it into multiple tabs. I concur.
- Why Quality Score is One of the Least Important AdWords Metrics: Great post on why you need to pay less attention to quality score. I would not go as far as the “least important metric” but I certainly think you should spend more time obsessing about ROI instead of quality score.
- Introducing Sitelink Extensions in Bing Ads: It’s nice to see the site links feature ported over from Adwords. Welcome to site links Bing.
Amplified Platinum Posts
- Make better decisions in AdWords with your Google Analytics data: Adwords has now added bounce rate, time on site, and pages/visit in the Adwords dashboard from Google Analytics.
- Head vs. Long Tail Keywords Analyzed: Impressions, Clicks, Conversions & Profitability: The discussion on head vs long tail keywords continues. I love the data in this post and it further validates the argument that you need both head and long tail keywords to be successful.
- Learn How to Control Your Negative Keywords: Negative keywords can get out of control pretty fast. On a campaign audit for a client we reduced the negative keywords from over 7,000 to 168. Brad offers some tips on managing negative keywords like shared negative keyword lists.
Amplified Diamond Posts
- 5 Most Common Ways PPC Accounts Get Out Of Shape: PPC campaigns evolve over time and if you’re not careful campaigns can quickly become bloated. Read this post from Brad and avoid fat/bloated campaigns.
- What does it take to make a great PPC account manager? I’ve thought a lot about this one as we made a couple hires recently at Amplify. This is one of the best posts I’ve seen on the subject of hiring PPC managers at any experience level.
My personal playlist…
I love this new sappy song from The Lumineers, Ho Hey. They’re coming to Portland in December but the show sold out before I could get tickets.