Amplify Interactive’s notes from SMX Advanced Seattle 2008
Christine Churchill – KeyRelevance – Offline Conversion
When to measure offline conversions? Most appropriate for ‘high touch’ sales processes where phone & in-person close the deal (mortgages, b2b, etc)
Simple Offline Conversion Tracking Methods:
- Making assumptions based on sales
- Anecdotal data (ask salespeople to ask people how they learned about them)
- In-store surveys
- all of the above are imprecise
- Unique phone numbers, etc
- customer tagging (cookies) & tie the cookie to cc data for offline purchase
- unique phone numbers
- pay per call
- keyword driven traffic: match unique phone number back to keyword phrases used in PPC
Rich Devine – ZAAZ
Only a small % of your visitors convert, and if you focus on them – you’re missing the other successful behavior that takes place on your site
Most marketers are probably under-valuing non-converting keywords, but if you start looking at “other” conversions on your site and successful visits (micro-conversion behavior), then you are able to assign a value to them.
Akin Arikan – Unica Corporation
Study showed correlation between online ads & search. The finding was that when running online ads in parallel with search and then turned them off – paid search ctr & conversion down, cost to maintain volume went up.
Takeaway – take off the blinders and look to how other channels are influencing your success.
Related Links & Coverage